EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

quit making fun of those people

It’s a fair question. You wake up in the back seat of hpenis’ car again? 

33 minutes ago, goeagles5039 said:

Lol it’s gonna be funny when Dallas realizes  they aren’t playing the crappy and injured offensive lines their defense has been playing against this week. 

Dallas has our number in recent years. Last year’s games were blowouts and they only won in 2020 because it was Ben Denucci

7 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

TOTALLY Disagree with this. 

We cant score in the 2nd half. 

3rd down offense is getting worse and worse. 

explosion gains are getting few and far between. 

Yesterday looked a lot like old Hurts...

Still better than your Steelers 

8 hours ago, schuy7 said:

Insane.

You could say... he's pretty good.

8 hours ago, ManuManu said:

What exactly does this mean?

8 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Bad Arizona team?  Came into the game tied for the lead in the NFC West.  Were a playoff team with an 11-6 record last year. Playing at home. (Although their three losses this year are at home.)  They have had some bumps early this year, but bad is a little strong. 

Agree about the game plan.  Shane tried to attack the outside because of the S speed and strength inside for their DL but faced having 3/5ths of the starting OL missing time. Gannon called a poor game.  Fear of Murray’s and Connor’s running was a tell. C game for all the coordinators. 

F game for the ST Coordinator.

8 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

It is worth pointing out that in the last 3 games Hurts has carried the ball 40 times for 119 yards.  Of course that’s far too many carries, but it’s interesting how defenses are choosing to adjust to him.

I am of the opinion as well that the offense has been tailing off the last two games, plus the 2nd half in WASH.  For the season Hurts is now 68 carries for 266 yards — just 3.9 yards per rush after being 5.6 last season.  It appears defenses are reacting quicker once they see him pull the ball down.

Hurts is unquestionably the Eagles short yardage back at this point, but it remains to be seen what effect the sheer volume of his carries and physical contact will be later in the season.

It will either be deleterious or it will be minimal effect.   We know it won't/can't be a positive.

52 minutes ago, goeagles5039 said:

Lol it’s gonna be funny when Dallas realizes  they aren’t playing the crappy and injured offensive lines their defense has been playing against this week. 

erm...

9 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Not so bold prediction:

Dicker the kicker will find his way onto another teams active roster pretty quickly.

I don’t know enough background on the kid to know what his leg strength and range are, but if he can kick them that unwaiveringly straight from 40+ in this type of situation, then he’s got enough sturdiness between the ears to go with the leg that there won’t be 32 healthy, better options at kicker than him by December.  Someone will get hurt or someone will blow some big kicks and he’ll be the first call.

This is why I'd find a way to keep him.  Not sure how you do it.  Elliott is nice but his salary is pretty steep.  Not saying cut him but if you have a kicker waiting in the wings, you've got to figure out a way to keep him.  

8 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

No Señor!!!!

Ricky is the best, and I don't even know what he is saying!  :roll: 

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

This is why I'd find a way to keep him.  Not sure how you do it.  Elliott is nice but his salary is pretty steep.  Not saying cut him but if you have a kicker waiting in the wings, you've got to figure out a way to keep him.  

It was one game lets slow your roll

3 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Side note... Coming out of the time out at the end of the game, where Hurts rolled out and threw it to quez thatwas broken up... Shane told Hurts  "Trust me...trust me.... Fing trust me"

I figure this was about the play call(s), which honestly weren’t very inspiring and Swag was doing a lot of checking at the line.  In terms of the play coming out of the TO, having AJ and Quez in the same area didn’t seem right. Actually, the usage of AJ in general seemed weird.

4 hours ago, TorontoEagle said:

how the hell is that roughing the passer? Whoever was defending the call yesterday is crazy. Brutal call that gifted tampa the win. Awful.

Professional officials never make a questionable decision... or so I was informed recently.   Can't question them, even when they are in the wrong position.

6 hours ago, Saltpeter said:

I still think Devonta Smith with Aaron Rodgers would put up Heisman Devonta numbers.

He doesn't even need Rodgers.  Just a coach that uses him like the dynamic weapon he is rather than a possession WR.  The way they used him yesterday was pathetic.  How many screens did he catch?  He was getting absolutely crushed on every one of them and there wasn't any clear space for him to run.  He may have gotten 5-6 yards on them but he isn't a quick, shake you kind of player which is what those screens needed.  

Get him in to open space across the middle and watch him flourish.  Throw him the ball downfield and let him use his wingspan.  They are completely misusing him.

4 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Poorly played game but a win is a win sometimes. Bring on Dallass. 

A win is a win, always.  Beats a loss.  5-0 beats 4-1, no matter how it was attained.   But, they have things to work on.

1 hour ago, TorontoEagle said:

From Peter Kings article:

Only Chuck Bednarik has played more seasons for the Eagles than defensive end Brandon Graham, in his 13th year in Philadelphia. If there’s somebody in the league who has more fun playing the game than Graham, I don’t know who it is. That includes talking nonsense to countless foes. He once said to then-Cowboy La’el Collins, "Hey 71! Too many cupcakes!” Which made his linemates guffaw out loud. 

Brandon Graham on the art of trash-taking:

"Well, you know, I trash-talk because I know some people can’t handle it. If I see some people can’t, I keep going. If I feel like some people can and they still out there playing at a high level too, I kinda stop chirping a little bit unless we winning. You’re right about what I said to La’el Collins. I know Collins doesn’t like when I’m talking stuff so I go a little extra mile. And he was on the Cowboys so it just made it even more of a trash-talk for me to get under his skin. Yeah, I know that he doesn’t like it and when I smell blood in the water, I’m definitely going for the kill.

"As soon as they say something back, I got ‘em. Now they ain’t thinking about the play. Now they trying to come get me. Fletch [Fletcher Cox] always be like, ‘Man, be quiet! You talking to my guard like you gotta go against him!’ I’m like, ‘Man, stop being scared! It’s alright! You Fletcher Cox!’”

One of a kind.  He should be mic'd up every game.

6 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

It was one game lets slow your roll

I know but the Eagles are so will nilly with the 53rd roster spot.  Why not keep a kicker who could develop in to something.  

Don't take this as I'm down on Elliott, I'm not.  I'm merely looking at roster construction and where the dollars are spread out.  The Eagles have a lot tied in to Elliott's contract and are going to have to fill major holes next year.

1 hour ago, goeagles5039 said:

Except that we had 3 backups in the game yesterday.

It's weird that we've gone from complaining that focused in on AJ too much in week 1 and now we're complaining that AJ wasn't targeted enough in week 5. 

Not sure if teams are playing us differently now or the play calling is getting too cute but hopefully they figure it out and the OL gets healthy. Neither Brown nor Smith were used well this game. 

9 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

He doesn't even need Rodgers.  Just a coach that uses him like the dynamic weapon he is rather than a possession WR.  The way they used him yesterday was pathetic.  How many screens did he catch?  He was getting absolutely crushed on every one of them and there wasn't any clear space for him to run.  He may have gotten 5-6 yards on them but he isn't a quick, shake you kind of player which is what those screens needed.  

Get him in to open space across the middle and watch him flourish.  Throw him the ball downfield and let him use his wingspan.  They are completely misusing him.

The passing game across the board was very bad yesterday.  Too many WR screens... way too many.  Too many QB sneaks.  Almost seemed like they went into the game with a game plan 1/3 of the regular one.  Saving things for Dallas perhaps, but far too conservative.  They got away with it though.

2 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

It's weird that we've gone from complaining that focused in on AJ too much in week 1 and now we're complaining that AJ wasn't targeted enough in week 5. 

Not sure if teams are playing us differently now or the play calling is getting too cute but hopefully they figure it out and the OL gets healthy. Neither Brown nor Smith were used well this game. 

Something happened after the first 3 series.  From the start, it looked like AJ Brown and the offense was going to feast all game long.  His 3 catches were contested but looked easy.  We just want Hurts so spread the ball evenly.  Yea, there are going to be games where one or the other goes off but this was just weird.  But then all of the sudden, Brown was non existent. 

If I had to pick AJ Brown or DeVonta Smith to call what seemed to be 6 WR screens, I'm picking Brown every time.  His YAC is more broken tackles than DeVonta's who's is finesse.  Smith was getting killed.  AJ Brown is built much better to take those hits.  I don't want our 165 lb. stick of  a WR taking those hits.  

The Eagles' "abomination" of an offense scored 20 points this week, which was around the league median. Scored more than teams with Wilson, Burrow, Lamar, Stafford, Lawrence, etc.

Was it a good performance? No. Are there concerns about beating the blitz? Yes.

But on 3rd and 11, Hurts audibled and excited well in a traditional dropback passing game to hit that pass to Goedert. That's exactly what you want to see.

6 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I know but the Eagles are so will nilly with the 53rd roster spot.  Why not keep a kicker who could develop in to something.  

Don't take this as I'm down on Elliott, I'm not.  I'm merely looking at roster construction and where the dollars are spread out.  The Eagles have a lot tied in to Elliott's contract and are going to have to fill major holes next year.

in terms of collecting assets... Dicker is an asset.  AZ lost because their fill in kicker choked.   Howie being Howie won't let this guy get away for nothing.  

Kicker is overlooked, until you miss a kick.  Then it costs you a game.  Dicker should be worth a pick to a team that's desperate for a kicker.

Archived