EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

3 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Professional officials never make a questionable decision... or so I was informed recently.   Can't question them, even when they are in the wrong position.

Still thinking about a comment on a message board two days later? 🤣

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DEagle7 said:

Love him but he would be very expensive to get I assume. 

B.Burns would be a keeper, me thinks.

I am still hung up on thinking that the coaching "brain trust" chose to play conservatively to hide things from Dallas. That seems crazy considering they almost traded a loss for such a stupid game plan. What I do know is if they roll out such a plan next Sunday, they are going to get beat soundly...

1 minute ago, Waiting4Someday said:

B.Burns would be a keeper, me thinks.

I can see them trading him for the right price given he's due for a big contract. But overall I agree, unless they don't think they can come to terms on an extension they're gonna try to keep him I'd imagine. 

2 minutes ago, aptosbird said:

I am still hung up on thinking that the coaching "brain trust" chose to play conservatively to hide things from Dallas. That seems crazy considering they almost traded a loss for such a stupid game plan. What I do know is if they roll out such a plan next Sunday, they are going to get beat soundly...

If they smoke DAL like the Vikings, pass me the tin foil.

I can see them trading him for the right price given he's due for a big contract. But overall I agree, unless they don't think they can come to terms on an extension they're gonna try to keep him I'd imagine. 

Oh, I assumed they would’ve extended him by now - my bad.

4 minutes ago, aptosbird said:

That would be the worst idea ever.  Risk losing a game, when you are the only undefeated team in the league, and if you lose, and the lose the following week, you could go from the 1 seed to 3rd in your own division.

The issue yesterday is Hurts did not know what to do when he saw a blitz look.

33 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

They have an elite defense and I'm not sold on our rush defense. 

The question will be if Dak plays and if so do they then abandon their run game and go pass heavy. 

Do they?  They have a couple of blue chips in Parsons and Diggs but they've played a lot of stuttering uneven offenses so far, of which the Rams might be the worst,  plus Parsons looked to be nursing at least a heavy groin strain by the end of the game on Sunday, I was surprised he wasn't taken out given the way he was limping between snaps.

6 minutes ago, aptosbird said:

That game screamed looking ahead to dallas

1 minute ago, Westbrook#36 said:

Still thinking about a comment on a message board two days later? 🤣

I mean have you been here long?  I see people bringing up bad takes from years ago.  

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

That would be the worst idea ever.  Risk losing a game, when you are the only undefeated team in the league, and if you lose, and the lose the following week, you could go from the 1 seed to 3rd in your own division.

The issue yesterday is Hurts did not know what to do when he saw a blitz look.

Hurts wasn't throwing checkdowns on blitzes. They had a ton of screens in the game plan.  

1 hour ago, BigEFly said:

Happy Bank Closure for Colmubus Day. (Real one, also called Indigenous People Day for those who can’t handle real history is October 12th.  Surprise Cinderella, all figures in history weren’t saints and those demonized weren’t 100% evil.). Bank closures.  An antiquated technique developed in the Great Depression that in the day and age of 24 hour every day ATMs is a whimsical reminder of days long gone by.  At least Federal employees and bank employees get a holiday. 

Columbus...Isn't he the guy that found Queen Elizabeth II's diaphragm in the Rectory and blackmailed her into bankrolling his World Tour?

That led to him discovering a lil spit of Beach called San Salvador and declaring that sandbar the New World..?

That was right before his big fight with Amerigo Vespucci regarding Naming Rights for the soon to be completed Meadowlands Sports Complex...

Hey...Public Education FTW!...

Burns is very good at football. 

It would be ridiculous to trade him so the Eagles could probably get him for a 2nd round pick.  

1 minute ago, devpool said:

That game screamed looking ahead to dallas

Yeah, it was a trap - but to go vanilla that is next level, a conference loss still smarts.

Just now, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Do they?  They have a couple of blue chips in Parsons and Diggs but they've played a lot of stuttering uneven offenses so far, of which the Rams might be the worst,  plus Parsons looked to be nursing at least a heavy groin strain by the end of the game on Sunday, I was surprised he wasn't taken out given the way he was limping between snaps.

Yes, they do.  Most points they have given up in a game this season as 19.  Only the Bills and 49ers have given up less points this season. They also have what is probably the best defensive player in the league.

Look around the league, it's filled with uneven offenses this year.  Cowboys have one of the leagues best defenses, it's legit.  Parsons is also likely fine, he was able to come into the game and force the game winning strip Sack. 

21 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

Brian. Burns.

15 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Love him but he would be very expensive to get I assume. 

Yes, he will be a 1st plus expensive.

9 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Sounds like a team we all know...

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Yes, he will be a 1st plus expensive.

Wonder what Gross Matos would cost?  Can't see them trading B Burns.  Would be a good number 3 or 4 DE with some upside

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I'm curious how much he'd cost. He still looks really good when he's in there but the contract and injuries have to blow up his trade value. 

2 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Wonder what Gross Matos would cost?  Can't see them trading B Burns.  Would be a good number 3 or 4 DE with some upside

He still has 2 years left on his rookie deal. I'd imagine they would keep him around unless they really tear things down to the studs. 

2 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Happy Bank Closure for Columbus Day. (Real one, also called Indigenous People Day for those who can’t handle real history is October 12th.  Surprise Cinderella, all figures in history weren’t saints and those demonized weren’t 100% evil.). Bank closures.  An antiquated technique developed in the Great Depression that in the day and age of 24 hour every day ATMs is a whimsical reminder of days long gone by.  At least Federal employees and bank employees get a holiday. 

I don't think changing the focus from just Columbus does anything to diminish the history.  The reality is that Europeans coming to the Americas was devastating for the native populations. We do not have to have an argument about moral relativity and the actions of Columbus.  We can simply acknowledge that there was a devastating impact on native populations part of which was directly caused by Columbus.  We ignore history when we make it a one-sided celebration or triumphic march of progress.  If we look at history as it impacted every person, we reach a better understanding of events and ultimately how we can think about shaping a moral and just society.  

The people that can't handle real history are the ones that seek to sugar coat it.  Call it what it was without trying to paint someone as a hero when he wasn't either in the context of his time or when he is put in historical perspective.  

39 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

I have thought about upgrading 2TE spot just in case Goedert gets dinged… Disley/Fant idk.  I’m not sure ATL has much of a roster to sell. 

I've been saying that for some time and everyone says that TE2 isn't a need.  Maxx Williams was just cut too.

Archived