EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

2 hours ago, TorontoEagle said:

Hell yeah we do, all the fixin’s just the same as you folks down south. We just do it a month and a half earlier. Maple syrup isn’t usually brought out this time 

Happy Bank Closure for Columbus Day. (Real one, also called Indigenous People Day for those who can’t handle real history is October 12th.  Surprise Cinderella, all figures in history weren’t saints and those demonized weren’t 100% evil.). Bank closures.  An antiquated technique developed in the Great Depression that in the day and age of 24 hour every day ATMs is a whimsical reminder of days long gone by.  At least Federal employees and bank employees get a holiday. 

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Hot routes would be a nice wrinkle.

Yeah - I hope they are playing 3-D chess and spring it next week. Top secret, so far.

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

F game for the ST Coordinator.

I don’t know.  Covey got one decent return and the Eagles were successful on all of their kicks.  Pretty average performance, which for the STs might be the pinnacle of their season so far.

5 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

I don’t know.  Covey got one decent return and the Eagles were successful on all of their kicks.  Pretty average performance, which for the STs might be the pinnacle of their season so far.

That fake punt… no bueno, and the kind of play I’d hope Nakobe would sniff out.

As I said yesterday after the game, this team is consistent at getting really cold on offense. After our 2nd TD we completely changed how we ran our offense and none of it really made any sense. From what I can remember I dont think we took a shot deep down the sideline all game. It was night and day vs what we saw against Vikings and Commanders. Also Hurts doesnt seem to be putting that same zip on the ball that he showed vs the Vikings. A lot of his throws yesterday were exactly like his 2021 self.

Elliot had to play twice as many games to get his first game winner with less than 2 minutes to play. 

Dicker is clearly better.

(Note:  Elliot had two FGs with less than 2 minutes against the Giants that day.)

10 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Not to diminish what Davis does on this play, but to highlight the rest of the front.  This was just a giant win by the entire front.  They completely reestablished the LOS a yard or two deep.

Tuipulotu pushes his man back, and in so doing messes with the angle of the TE trying to get a double team on him.
Sweat has set a strong edge and is there to take away the bounce from the RB.
CGJ has shot the gap and made the OG looking to block him whiff... and he's the first color the RB sees in the hole slowing him down.

So, while this is a great push from Davis, he wasn't alone in stuffing this play.   But, his drive forcing the RT deeper sure helped and messed up the timing of the pull.

Incidentally, in this situation, the Eagles dropped Reddick.  

Screen Shot 2022-10-10 at 10.05.42 AM.png

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Covey had an average return.  So for him it would be considered "decent".  Giving up the punt fake was obviously not good.  Another arrow down for ST.  

I thought we got a solid with number of touchbacks that the Cards gave us… like no one else is doing that. Didn’t stop Covey from trying to get killed (muffed punt).

1 minute ago, Waiting4Someday said:

I thought we got a solid with number of touchbacks that the Cards gave us… like no one else is doing that.

Our place kicker and punter had good days. 

The Covey fumble was an uncalled penalty.

To me, it was just the fake. 

11 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

For Covey to have a decent return he needs at least 10-15 yards of open space to get started.  He still has yet to show any ability to make a defender miss.  I really wish the Eagles could cross train someone to catch punts.  

Chachere has one more call up before he's going to be exposed to waivers.  He's such a great ST player.  I'd much rather have him on the 53 than Covey.  

NHL player for the Lightning Ian Cole was suspended by his team because an anonymous Twitter account posted a lengthy accusation against him. Is it me does this set a terrible precedent?

I think all accusations should be taken very seriously and investigated to the fullest extent. But until that happens, suspending someone based on the mere word of an anonymous Twitter account?

We allow that, what’s to stop some die hard fan right before the playoffs to accuse the opponent’s best player of something heinous to get them suspended? This is very disconcerting.

If it turns out to be true, he should not only be suspended, he should get worse. But honestly, if it turns out it isn’t true, if I’m Ian Cole I’d never suit up for the Lightning again. I couldn’t mend a relationship with an organization that took the word of an anonymous account over mine.

1 hour ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Constant blitz and a D playing 10 players near the LOS is a strategy against team that won’t risk going vertical or hasn’t fine tuned their quick game. Perhaps with the starting OL we’ll have the confidence to block it up and take some shots - still unsure why the bubble seemingly was the only counter to what the Cards were doing.

72.2% pass completion rate yesterday with no turnovers. The strength of the Cardinals secondary is their good and fast Ss. The strength of their line are the DL.  The game plan was to exploit the weaknesses on the edge and overall it worked pretty well.  But the fact Shane went to the well so much suggests a bit of a lack of imagination on his part.

Huge play last night was the Cardinal player getting injured on the Eagles third and goal incompletion. Forced to burn a timeout that would have really helped their chances. 

10 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

The Jamar Chase/DeVonta Smith comparison isn't as settled as it seemed like last year:

Smith:  28 Rec 38 Targets  353 Yards  12.6 per catch   1TD

Chase: 32 Rec 53 Targets  343 Yards  11.7 per catch   2TD

Going to be interesting when it is all said and done who ends up with the better overall career.

Career

Chase 113 for 1798 and 15 TD's, 15.9 per.

Smith 92 for 1269 and 6 TD's, 13.8 per.

Smith has a lot of work to do to get back into the conversation.

Just now, Connecticut Eagle said:

Our place kicker and punter had good days. 

The Covey fumble was an uncalled penalty.

To me, it was just the fake. 

The place kicker and punter have a low bar to clear, but yes, competent play. I’d take that every week.

Was the right call to return that punt? I’d say no.

Was the fake versus safe or block? The former would be on the players, the latter a questionable call.

55 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

A few things to note…

We were down 2-3 starters on the OP for parts of the game and faced a team that blitzed on 45 percent of our pass attempts. Both teams were good at sustaining drives. We only had eight possessions and scored on half of them. 

We had 3 2nd half possessions.

4 min - FG

5 min - Punt

8 min - FG

Clearly tried protecting the defense.

7 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Fake punt negates all that.  Cardinals stole a possession that would have been extremely good field position for the offense had they smelled it out and stuffed it.  Covey was fine and did what was expected, nothing more or less.  Dicker was also as advertised... solid, but not spectacular.  Siposs had a great day, but indoors, that's much easier to do.  But, the stolen possession trumps all else on this day because that was specifically aimed at the coordinator.  They saw something in the Eagles punt return that left them vulnerable.  STs as a whole gets a higher mark, but the coordinator gets the F, because the fake punt was game planned in against his scheme, not the talent.  Everything else you mentioned was about talent, not scheme.

On 10/7/2022 at 1:52 PM, RememberTheKoy said:

Love to see the Phillies lose.  The sooner they disappear from any sports radio talk and it goes to full on Eagles and Sixers the better. 

I still am shocked this has not gotten the attention it deserves.

8 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

72.2% pass completion rate yesterday with no turnovers. The strength of the Cardinals secondary is their good and fast Ss. The strength of their line are the DL.  The game plan was to exploit the weaknesses on the edge and overall it worked pretty well.  But the fact Shane went to the well so much suggests a bit of a lack of imagination on his part.

He was fortunate to not have an INT on that one play, but 72% is impressive. Yards per attempt however, not so much.

5 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

72.2% with barely crossing the LOS, and very fortunate not to have 2 TOs… yes the plan had a good 1st gear obviously but didn’t transition smoothly beyond the 1Q.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

It's getting exactly the attention it deserves. 

1 minute ago, DEagle7 said:

He was fortunate to not have an INT on that one play, but 72% is impressive.

Wasn’t his air yards per attempt like 3 yards? You damn well better have above 70% if that’s the case

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Its a troll post.  Best to leave it sit and ignore the poster.  He wants a reaction to that.  Why give it to him?

Archived