EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

14 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Don’t know how many listened to solak and sheil’s podcast, i was listening to it on the drive home and solak made an excellent point, our RBs that are active and healthy right now are just really not good at pass pro. He talked about how hurts changed things at the line based off what he saw but our backs either didn’t stay in to block or just didn’t do a good job on the blitz recognition to make a good block.

I talked about this last year when they picked up Jordan Howard that part of the reason was cause he could actually pass pro and pick up a blitzer. 

Sermon was good at pass pro at OU, he’s not small and knew where to be… not the receiver mismatch that Gainwell is supposed to be, but might offer something in this area.

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

34 Rushes for 163 yards

16 passes for 102 yards.

The Cow****es cant beat us with 30+ rushes

They have an elite defense and I'm not sold on our rush defense. 

The question will be if Dak plays and if so do they then abandon their run game and go pass heavy. 

13 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I feel like NS was forced to give Sanders the bulk of the carries because all week he mentioned Sanders is our #1, our bell cow etc etc etc. 

With that being said, I would of liked to seen Gainwell get more carries and I would of loved to see Gainwell get that 3rd and short at the goal line at the end of the game instead of the pass play where we had 3 WR's holding hands

Miles ran hard, there’s only so much traffic he can run through - that’s not his strength.

2 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

A win is a win, always.  Beats a loss.  5-0 beats 4-1, no matter how it was attained.   But, they have things to work on.

Yep but sometimes it warrants a lot of soul searching. I don’t feel that is the case with this win. Normal stuff to work on yes but no major worry. 

1 minute ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Sermon was good at pass pro at OU, he’s not small and knew where to be… not the receiver mismatch that Gainwell is supposed to be, but might offer something in this area.

Solak touched on sermon in his rant. He wasn’t apparently too impressed with his pass pro when with the niners. That said i thought sanders was decent at it as a rookie. I remember Duce saying he was doing a decent job. Since then he’s not made any improvement in that area which after 3 years in the league and in his 4th I’d suspect he’d at least somewhat improve.

3 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Miles ran hard, there’s only so much traffic he can run through - that’s not his strength.

Sanders almost busted one. I thought the cardinals were super fortunate the last defender after he made it through the hole just got enough of him to slow him down. He had a lot of open field if that doesn’t happen. It’s why i was hoping they’d keep trying to feed him and mentioned it at the start of the second half. 

14 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

34 Rushes for 163 yards

16 passes for 102 yards.

The Cow****es cant beat us with 30+ rushes

Yup, our run defense isn't amazing but they're gonna have to throw the ball

16 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

They have an elite defense and I'm not sold on our rush defense. 

Yards per game allowed

Eagles 294 Dallas 311

Rushing yards per game allowed

Eagles 105 Dallas 118

Wrong, as usual

11 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Im not mad at what Sanders did, just thinking I would of liked to see more of Kenny G

Kenny G did better than expected, as he was dealing with the same looks as Miles (grinding up the middle) - glad he didn’t fumble or anything.

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

They can’t win next week if multiple OL leave the game in the usual fashion.

I think Driscoll will struggle against Parsons and Lawrence in pass protection.  I think Opeta would be good enough inside.  I really think the team needs to focus on running on the Cowboys and taking deep shots.  I really don't want to see Steichen have the same short passing game plan they did against the Cardinals.  

Matt Rhule is just one of those guys who's built to coach the college game.  Some coaches relate and message better with 18-22 year old college kids/men instead of a room full of veterans.  Much like Dabo Swinney.  Hell, Nick Saban is a great example too.  Bombed with the Dolphins.  Goes back to LSU and Bama and the rest is history.  Absolutely no shame in being a better college coach than an NFL coach. I think we see him at a Power 5 school next year.  

14 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Solak touched on sermon in his rant. He wasn’t apparently too impressed with his pass pro when with the niners. That said i thought sanders was decent at it as a rookie. I remember Duce saying he was doing a decent job. Since then he’s not made any improvement in that area which after 3 years in the league and in his 4th I’d suspect he’d at least somewhat improve.

Solak is likely right, you don’t get cut by doing things well (as a prospect Sermon had a broad skillset).

22 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Pitts for our 3TE sets.  I knew we should’ve drafted him.  

I have thought about upgrading 2TE spot just in case Goedert gets dinged… Disley/Fant idk.  I’m not sure ATL has much of a roster to sell. 

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Yards per game allowed

Eagles 294 Dallas 311

Rushing yards per game allowed

Eagles 105 Dallas 118

Wrong, as usual

how dare you respond with actual facts 

@LeanMeanGM

Eagles 27, DAL 17

I think the defenses are fairly even, but the Eagles have a big edge on offense.  Rush has been a game manager all season; if the Eagles can get ahead early I don’t see him being capable of leading a comeback on the road.

Bonus — Eagles get 2+ INT 

Don't think the Eagles are going to add much via trade. I think their biggest need is still another pass rusher, but I think because any impact DE would either be too expensive or not available, I think the Eagles will probably add a RB if anything. Don't think the Panthers have much there outside of CMC, who I wouldn't even want because of his salary and the pick cost it would require.

5 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

CMAC if Panthers are willing to eat a chunk of his salary lol

20 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Im not mad at what Sanders did, just thinking I would of liked to see more of Kenny G

I'm not a big fan of Gainwell.  He has not looked good in the passing game. He has had some decent runs but I don't think he's one for fighting through the traffic that the Cardinals created. 

23 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Pitts for our 3TE sets.  I knew we should’ve drafted him.  

No, Howie was playing 4d chess by not drafting him.  He can probably trade Dillard for Pitts and a pick now.  

Archived